Tuesday, March 27, 2012

CNBC Options Action Trade Spreadsheet


Dec 28 2019 
Going to make an effort and try to get this going again every weekend, see the link at the bottom. had more leisure time years ago before returning to the homebuilding field so I will do this on the weekend. might miss an exiting trade if its tweeted. send me a note If I missed it. I don't follow all the CNBC on air talent on twitter since im really only interested in market commentary or trades, not their political views, what their eating, their kids, etc. so unless I see a tweet from Options Action or its mentioned on air during the show I will assume its held to opex. Point of this is to show that the on air "professionals" really don't generate a higher win percentage as many retail traders. plus putting many of their trades on paper gets me thinking about alternatives and makes me a better trader and might give us some more tools for the trading toolbox to make some coin. I will start adding trades to the spreadsheet going forward. some older stuff is still there with some links.


this has nothing to do with Options Action, just a hot picture of Seema Mody , my CNBC crush







march 2012
-started a google docs spreadsheet to track the trades from CNBC Options Action that i am following and have posted. I will assume they hold till opex until they come on air and say they are closing the trade, get fast fired, or post something via twitter. feel free to bookmark this post blog. i will assume that you and I, the Joe sixpack trader, commits about $1000 to a trade or a 10 lot whichever seems to make sense.

The reason i started this blog is that most TV traders rarely mention their losers (pulling a Cortes), human nature i guess, and that is a disservice to many viewers. Many folks tune in are not smart on options trading or are trying to learn and deserve a little bit better transparency on what to do if trade goes bad or when to take profits and not have on-air traders hide behind the "i got you in, its up to you to decide when to get out". Also the show wouldnt get ratings if their traders had losers so thats why they highlight those winning trades with the music, graphics, big smiles. Trying to help you see thru the B.S.

click here --->>> Options Action Trade spreadsheet in Google Docs